Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I am a Child of God

So this weekend was fast and testimony meeting and well there was a Sister and her husband visiting this weekend and well I wanted to share something she share in her testimony. She told a story of her son and how he was a wonderful father already teaching his children who are not even eight about gospel subject. So the story went like this. This young tall father just finished buckling in his young son, in his car seat, shut the door and went around to the driver seat.
After he buckled his seatbelt, he turned around to his smiley little boy and asked, "why sir where to?" The young little boy in his white shirt and tie replies "to church" his father/ the "chauffeur" then asked which one and the boy says in a proud voice, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints of course." the smiling father replies"and why that church my boy." The boy replies, "It teaches me how to pray!" The teaching cap comes on to the father and he asks, "Are your prayers answered?" the little boy pauses and thinks, and replies sadly "no." The father then asked the boy, "And what is it you are praying for?" The little boy looks his daddy in the eye and says, "A baby sister, with me and you its hard on mommy and she needs a baby girl to help her." Needless to say that family just recently adopted a little girl into the family!
As I sat there thinking about his story I started to think of my wonderful older brothers and their new families and then I started to think of myself and how in 5 years I could have a family too. How important it is to teach our children about not just things they experience but also the gospel. the words of the family proclamation to the world come to mind in which it talks about who we are as children of God and the role we have as parents to raise God's children. This led me to my example of my parents. I was privileged to be born to the best parents in the world who have been there for me even in my bratty teenage years. Who I have seen cry over their children's mistakes and hardships. I have also seen tears in my parents eyes as they welcome sons home from being away for 2 years. Then I see the happiness my parents have as the family has grown with wonderful additions hand picked by their boys, and then giddy parents as they become wonderful grandparents! As I think of these I think of a Father in Heaven, who sees even the things others people do, who feels our suffering pains. because of the love my parents had for us, I can see my Father in Heavens love for us. I can picture him crying as he sees us slipping and trying to help us, even though we don't want to listen. Because of my parents love and example of parental love, I know that when my time comes I will have a Father in Heaven who will be there waiting at the end to hug me and welcome me home, probably wanting to spoil the day lights out of me just as I have seen my parents do to my siblings as they come home from being a away for a long time. How great a blessing it is to have such wonderful parents, not just here on Earth but also in heaven. Who are trying to teach us and guide us to true and eternal happiness, not the temporal happiness Satan tries to give us that leads to guilt and shame and even more sins. I am glad for my parents and their love and teachings and hope someday I can be a great example to my kids as they were to me. I know that I am a child of God, and as such I have a Father in Heaven who loves me so dearly. I know that his son, my brother and Savior Jesus Christ came and Died for me on the cross, so I can return to live with my Father again, I know that Our Father in heaven has restored the Church of Jesus Christ in these Latter Days for us, so we can learn of truth and to help lead us back to our Father in heaven through Jesus Christ and his ordinances. I know that the church was restored through is prophet Joseph Smith, and I know that because I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know that anyone can know this is true through prayer, that it is essential to prayer to come closer to our Father in Heaven. So if you are reading this and have a desire to improve you life and increase your relationship with our Father in Heaven, then please don't wait, start now. Pray, read his scriptures, he will answer you. He is there and He does love you!



Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment