Monday, July 25, 2011

Step by Step

So this week, was very interesting, mostly it was me evaluating myself and trying really hard to be open with Elder Kwok. And it has been working I have been more open and i think he is trying to be more open with me, as we start this six week transfer I hope that this horrible illness will creep away, this weekend it was pretty rough, but I also think its just scratch trying to get me to give up, and to be honest there were many times i wanted to do just that, but as step by step I was able to get over it. i have spent a lot of time fasting this week trying to get every part of my body set out and knowing where Elder Allen is. Interviews and Instructions from mission leaders helped this week a ton on helping me evaluate my missionary work. I also realized how we need to work on being a unified companionship, sometimes this comes easy but other times not so much! We had great lessons with the karen families, but sadly as Tun Mynts family starts doing so good, some neighbor of theirs calls CAS on them, and well they came in and almost took his kids away, but left it on warning, and if they hear about it again they will, so he has his kids on lock down and well its getting in the way of lessons and coming to church! So that is one reason I fasted this week to know what the Lord wants me to do, and then we met with William this earlier this week and well it did not end well at all, he blew up because he found out we were "Mormons" and he hated Mormons (or so he said) but we were available to set up another appointment to meet with him on Saturday! and well we fasted for him on Saturday to know just how to deal with that, because if anyone knew it was God! And well it was a very powerful lesson, William opened up and we were able to resolve many concerns and he committed to read the Book of Mormon and even to come to church and he is preparing now to be baptized on Aug21! a true miracle, prob one of the biggest miracles on my mission! Now our other investigator Jeff who is doing great he actually help us move a member this week! he was not able to make it to church sadly. As he helped a friend in a major crisis Saturday night and was with him tell 5 am and so he slept pass his alarm the next morning, and he text us saying how bad he felt. he is a way good guy, and the lessons with him are going great and he is fellow shipping already. its going good! sadly because he was unable to come to church we will have to push his date back a week! :( but hopefully he will be OK with that after we break the news to him.Something we have realized this week also is how poor, our relationship with the members is getting as they don't have us over any more because they cant feed us! So we are now thinking of how to better that, because it is so hard to work together when we are heading in the same direction but never crossing paths. But as we take it step by step I know we will accomplish what the Lord has planned for us to do here! I love serving with Elder Kwok, he is a great companion, a complete opposite of what I am, but i think because of that we are growing a whole lot! Well hope you have a great week.
love,
Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment