Monday, April 12, 2010

Happy Easter!

Oh wow, okay so this week has been a blast. Tuesday Elder Peck and I went down to Kitchner, and had breakfast at Kora's it was so good, I had an omlet wrapped in a crape. Then I swapped out companions. Elder Bishop is such a great guy. Holy smokes, so its a blast out in finding. We don't let anyone go bye, It's just so much fun when you forget about how awkward it is to run across the street and talk to someone, but rather the thought is, can I sleep knowing I let them go bye. So I have had some nice contacting. My favorite was we were stopped at a red light and I noticed the car next to us had its windows down. So I roll mine down and hung out to see if there was a time we could come visit them to share the message of the restored gospel. However they were not interested, but hey, I didnt let them go by. Elder Bisop and I loved conference, on Sunday the Walkerton branch had a pot luck in between sessions. I made Cafe Rio Pork enchaladas which were a hit, I had two people ask for the recipe. I love cooking, its right up there with studying. There is an old lady who lives across the hall from us, that I make cookies for every preparation day. She loves them too! She is so funny, because I just throw whatever in them and hope they taste good. After they are done I taste them and if they are good, I give them to her. Ugh the only down side of this cooking is I am eating too much I have gained 5 pounds this week alone! Oh and we went to Port Elgin and met with an investigator there, who is a daughter of a less active and is 14. Its so amazing to see her mother's testimony coming back as she is helping her daughter. We also ran into a guy who ran to us. He was like I am a member and I haven't been in forever and I want to go back. Where do I start! I was just jumping for joy! He is such a great guy. He also came to priesthood session! Ugh it was such a great week. My journal however was a little shaky this week by that I mean I didn't write at all. See Elder Bishop and I just talk too much during planning that by the time we are done we have to go to bed. Elder Bishop is a great guy. He made fun of me the other day for a contact. I greeted a guy and he was like, "Sorry man I am an anarchist." so I said, "Okay, well I am dumb and new so I dont know what that is." He then told me they like to go around causing chaos and destruction, and I was thinking "WHAT!" so I replied,"okay so let me see if I understand, you just go around ruining peoples days and breaking stuff." He replied, "yeah, but i am still working on it." the only answer I could manage to get out was,"alright that's cool... I guess." Haha, I guess there is everything out there! Anyways I love you all and hope you have a great week.

Thank you for all of your prayers.
Elder Derek Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment