Monday, June 14, 2010

Yummy Treat

Well this week was a little rough but nothing can hold me back! We started the week of with a travel. Elder St. Piere came down to my area and we did some tracting and teaching! Then to finish of the exchange we went out to ice cream! Hope you like the pictures





I also included pictures of my apartment!







Then after travels Elder Bishop and I were back in the game. Wednesday was an interesting day. We did some service at the Farm, Due to the huge storm we got on Monday last week (which to tell you Elder Bishop and I were like 3 blocks away form our car when it started to pour rain where you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you, and the hail started to come too! We got soaked!) a tree came down so we had to cut it up. After the service we went down to Brantford and 2 1/2 hour drive south! So I could see a doctor down there! The doctor knowing the distance we traveled ordered an ultrasound for me the next morning so we spent the night with the Brantford missionaries. With my hard time sleeping it was easy to wake up in the morning, so I went to work in the kitchen so I made Biscuits and gravy all from scratch so everyone could have a nice tasty meal. Then off to an ultrasound! Oh and just my luck it was another lady doctor! Ugh that is my second one! anyways during the ultrasound we had a good conversation about me being a missionary which led into the gospel! She was well either being very nice or she was actually interested. She didn't live in Brantford but did live in a little town just south of it! So I gave her a pass along card with a website she can visit to learn more! It was one way for me to take an awkward Doctor's appointment into a teaching comfortable environment! Then after that, we were free to return home! Well we started tracting right when we got back. the next day we started off great we taught two lessons at the same time. we were in the park down town and both taught people we contacted, the one I talked to was a lady we actually were trying to meet there. The lady I taught is now a new investigator. Then I got a phone call with a new appointment, for the cancer center down in Hamilton, wow my heart sank when she said who she was. Then getting informed that it was just to check to see if what I have is the worst. It is just so amazing to see the Lord's hand in this. It all started with a little nothing, but we found a something, and if it is the worst thing possible well, we got it so early its the best worst possibility! Anyways back onto happy thoughts! The Family we are teaching has been sick this past week but we are meeting with them tonight! I am so excited for this and cant wait to see what happens! Thank you all for your support and prayers. Until next week!
Love,
Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment