Monday, May 24, 2010

Woot Woot!

Well this week has been great. Elder Bishop and I have been looking for new people to teach, we didn't find any real progressing people but we did find a few potential people to teach. I got mail this week, ah its been so long since I have got a letter in the mail and after walking around out in 30 degrees which is like 80 F plus 100% Humidity, it was a great way to just lay down on my bed and read it and relax. Oh, and one day before we came in we swung out to the lake to get some pictures so I hope you have a great time looking at those. Then after a fun week of hanging out with Elder Bishop in the Walkerton area, we went to London for an area Conference. Due to this being President and Sister Middleton's last transfer we had three Zones at Zone conference instead of our one! I was also able to meet up with old friends as you can check out in the pictures! At the conference president Middleton gave a great talk on the difference of the Light of Christ and the Holy ghost! And Sister Middleton got me my Dear John cake. When an Elder gets Dear John-ed by their girlfriend or in other words gets dumped or their girlfriend doesn't want to wait for them anymore! So if they call Sister Middleton, read her the letter. She gives them comfort words and then the next Zone Conference brings them a cake of their choice. And as for me I chose a strawberry cheesecake! Oh yeah and man is it good! Oh and guess what Elder Allen wrote in his journal for about half of the week, hopefully this week it will be a 100%. I am like a new person not having to take that medicine! I have energy once again and its great. Sad thing is I have to go see another doctor because it looks like the meds didn't work, or I have something else wrong, ugh why is it always me! I also gave a talk on Sunday on member missionary work! Hopefully the branch will start working as a team and bring lost sheep back or bring new sheep in! As it has been told by President Hinckley member missionary work is the way to go! Thank you all for your support I love you!
Elder Derek Allen.















No comments:

Post a Comment