Tuesday, July 6, 2010

I have a washer machine in my apartment so I wash my one short sleeve shirt every other day. All though this week it has been pretty hot! Like 90 degrees out side plus an extreme measure of humidity! Really its just like home in Houston for me but Elder Floyd is from Alaska and doesn't take that well to the heat. He isn't really from Alaska, its like me saying I am from Texas! That is just where his family is currently living.
We had Zone Confrence, and the mission is changing. Mission are now becoming more intence. The work is going to be calling for more diligence and obedience from missionary work. With President Brower opening up this new system of work in our mission early we will be ahead of the game. There will be more training of missionaries to make us better at teaching but with that we will be out in the field less, so we need to make the time we are out there even better! I am way excited! The first presidency is raising the work effort "bar" instead of the missionaries this time. So now we will have to work even harder. Elder Floyd is moving, he doesn't want to be out here or work. Lets just say he is trying my patience even more then Kurtis ever did! However I have not punched him in the yet. The sloppiness is annoying to me too, so now I do all the cleaning in the apartment from dishes and making beds. Yes, I make his bed, its one way I can keep him from going back to bed after he is ready for the day. We struggle to get out and find but we get out there! He is out to get the #s and not to help people. if there is one thing I don't like about being out here is the numbers we have to report, its the lesser law of missionary work! I feel it is there to help those who need something to push for. I am trying my hardest to do what is right. I am even talking to President Brower weekly for advice. My fear is Elder Floyd throwing in the white flag because he doesn't want to do the work and then going home and loosing sight of the church! So I am trying to get us to read the Book of Mormon together, but he just speeds through the book and doesn't think of it! The area is coming along, but the members are just distant, and the work is moving slow! I have been calling all the members to see if there was anything we could do to help them or even come over and share a message! However we do get fed, but that's about it... actually last week we didn't get any meals, which was pretty lame, but oh well this week I am going to do my best to build trust in the members! I had a couple of crazy stuff happen but they are in my journal entries coming home! I am living in my grandmas heaven. All of these houses are very old and Victorian! The Library is even very old! They don't tear stuff down here they fix them up! Woodstock is very pretty and wonderful, and I am loving it. I have made another old lady friend, we do service for her. She is pretty rich and lives in an ancient mansion, that her father built! I make cookies for people all the time, it's the best! I work through the stomach! Haha! I cant wait. Tomorrow I am going to Kitchner, and I will be working there for the day with a Zone Leader. Walking the roads of a huge city! I am way excited. The Zone Leaders are realizing there is an issue in our companionship and I think they want to work on us separately, because it is not common for a Zone Leader to do a travel(exchange) with just an ordinary companionship. So I got my patriarchal blessing in the mail this week! President Middleton had another sent to me because I left mine at home, and that was a good lifter for me. I am so thankful for all the mail I get from everyone and It means a lot to me! Well I love you, have a great week!
Love,
Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment