Monday, July 26, 2010

Wow! What a week!

I got a package from home. Holy smokes mom you didn't need to get me all of that! I believe this counts for my birthday and Christmas! Thank you so much though, oh how my horrible day was made better by it. Did I ever tell you how much I like Neal A. Maxwell and his imagery, and when I heard of this book I knew I wanted it. I have already read both of them in my free time, and I am working on my second way through Joseph Smith. Wow! What a book that is, I let Elder Floyd read it too, he likes it as well! I loaned out the atonement CD the day I got it, it was a blessing, I put it in the car so we could listen to and the member we were teaching came out and said she feels horrible she repents of things and then does them again and she feels like she is mocking Christ. so i pull out the CD for her to listen to I hope it helped her and I get it back this week and look forward to hearing it myself. the other one was great as well. Oh life is hard with Elder Floyd he, hates me so much. I cant stop singing, its the only thing that keeps me sane! I love singing hymns, but he hates it so much when I sing and tells me to shut up all the time. But I am doing my best not to sing, and have been doing my best in the field. Bless Elder Floyd, he has been tracking along with me and we having been kicking missionary number butts! Ha ha! Last week we got the highest number in our Zone and our Zone had the highest numbers in the mission! That is except baptisms and confirmations, but those come! I think we will be having one with a date within the next two weeks! I am looking forward to it! I am getting good at making food out of nothing! Haha! I wish I had ice cream, but that's a no-no in this area, because one of us loves ice cream and I wouldn't be able to keep it all to myself. I am such a push over! Ugh! My journal entries are rough, I didn't send last weeks, I put them in the envelope but never sent them off! Then I had a rough time this week writing in them! Oh but hopefully I will send them off this week! I may have to get the surgery out here on my mission... I a getting pretty good a budgeting money... I should be able to live off what I am given by the church! Its easier here without having to pay for my laundry! So I have started a laundry fund in preparation for when I leave! Haha! Wow I am just moving forward, next week I may get transferred or may not not sure, But Aug 2nd is a holiday so i will have to email on Tuesday of that week! President Brower is way cool guy. He came for interviews this week and we had a great talk. He is a great leader, and is very active and sets his goals high, which I like a whole lot! I am looking forward to the next year and a half working with him! Wow its crazy that I have been out here for over 6 months! Somebody asked me a question about music that I used to love listening to , and I couldn't remember anything about it for a while, its crazy how fast we forget about things after not thinking about them! Thank you so much for that package and as I said before that was my Christmas package and Birthday package! Your are the best family a kid could ever ask for I love you all and hope you all are doing great! Tell next time, stay safe and have fun!
Love, Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment