Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another great week in "Rock-er-ton"

Great week, we had a huge snow storm, over a foot of snow! It was great! Way fun tracting in it! I love my boots! I just go right through the snow, the people laugh at us going through their yard, its a great conversation starter. We didn't get any new Investigators this week yet we do have many appointments for this week. The killer is the wind on your face! Its like a knife to your face! Another fun thing to do is helping people getting out of the snow. The fields are all white! haha! Snow mobiles are everywhere and its fun to see people riding around on them! One thing I really got into this week was reading great talks! I love studying the gospel, its amazing to see all that the Lord has given to us.
This week I have gained a testimony of blessings! As we keep the Lord Commandments He blesses us. He want us to do it, all we need to do is ask for the help. This week I got a bad cold, I woke up with no energy, I would say a prayer for help in doing the work. It was such an amazing thing as right when we get out and are doing the work, I get so much energy I don't know what to do with it, yet then when we return to the apartment the energy is gone and I feel horrible! However, that is all behind I am doing great now and loving the snow, by the way its still snowing!
Erica! She is back in the game, she has such a hunger for the gospel! She is almost done with the Book of Mormon, and already has a testimony of it. She attended church for the first time yesterday! She jumped right into it! She did bring up the question about the Word of Wisdom, we told her all about it. Her reply was ok I am fine with drinking water! She does have a smoking problem, two packs a day, $500 a month! Yet she wants to stop and she starts the 15 steps 7 days to stop smoking program tomorrow! She has also set a baptismal date for Feb 28 2010! This is a month away and she has a lot of work, if you could just keep her in your prayers!
Thank you for all you do and for your support!
Elder Derek Allen

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!!! I love hearing about all the amazing things he is doing!! I don't like cold weather so I don't know how he is doing it :)
    Shanel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah Douglas good job changing the tie red!!! it looks great :)
    your mom always has great ideas!

    ReplyDelete