Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Great Week

Wow, way to to make me cry in the library, poor Elder Peck he thought someone died! I am doing good, I bought most of the warmth I could get! I am sending pictures this week, show them to Shanel because I am not sending her all of them and not sure if she would want some of them! Trying to get everything going still, Its hard opening a new area. Oh my shoes broke, I am taking them in to get repaired though!
This week was great, I don't think its possible for a bad week out here! Walkerton and Hanover are the place we spend most of our time! Its so great to see peopele come unto Christ. Erica... yeah she is still sick, we meet with her tomorrow, but IDK she may get dropped! Pedro, he is our Third investigator, loves us! He watched the Restoration DVD and loved it and has been showing it to all 13 Thia men in his house. We just got a Book of Mormon in Thia at Zone Conference yesterday! I am so excited to give it to him. We have 3 new investigators, who are just amazing. Sheryl is a DJ at the radio station here in Hanover, we taught here right there in the radio booth, way cool. Maybe next time we will be able to get on air with her and teach Ontario the wonderful and amazing message of the restoration. The members are great here I love them all, they keep us well fed! I am fed some form of Beef and Potatoes every day! Haha! But its ok, trick to cooking ribs is soak them in the slow cooker with apple juice, apple juice makes the meat moist! next Invest. is Feranda, she is a single mother who lives by the church, she found us, she says she isn't interested but she is always asking more and tells us through her questions she is searching, we just have to wait for her to realize we got what she is looking for! The last one in Calvin, we came to his door on Sat. it was the messiest house ever, just think of Kurtis' house before it was cleaned and times it by 50! This guy had trash everywhere, walls were falling apart, his dog and cat went to the bathroom everywhere! I had dried dog poop next to my feet when we were giving him the lesson. He was in his boxers and there were really bad pictures of him and his girlfriend all over his fridge. Yet last night at 7 we met with him once again, and wow the spirit was so strong this time. His house was clean his walls where looking good, pictures were gone and he was cleaned up! We are teaching him once more tomorrow, He was also committed to baptism last night. Our goal is to have a date by Sunday and to have him there at church! Elder Peck and I are doing great, having a great time walking little old downtowns and talking to people and tracting, there are so many lost sheep out here and we are working all we can with the spirit, because its the lords work and his glory we are just his tools, it is through him that all we do is possible and I am so grateful to be a part of his work!
2 Nephi 7:5-7 though times get hard I am working for the lord and am called of the lord and I know he will protect em and be with me through all that happens. I am not ashamed to Be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, a rep of our Savior Jesus Christ, my elder brother! I love you all and am so grateful for your support. God be with you tell we meet again!
Elder Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment