Monday, February 22, 2010

I love Walkerton!

hAha! Its been such a great week! I am loving it here in Walkerton! Its a huge area and full of adventures! I found my new favorite shop in a little town called Mildmay. It is called the Cheese Haus! I have grown a love of cheese lately and really don't know where it came from, its getting to the point where I think it might be an addiction! I gave a talk in sacrament meeting this week! Wow now that was something, so I wrote this talk but when the time came for me to give it I started out in a different way and gave a completely different talk! I gave the talk on the importance of member missionary work! Us missionaries are not suppose to be finders anymore but to be teachers and the members are to be the finders! The prophets and apostles having been calling to the members of the church to be better missionaries in the everyday life for 51 years now! It started with David O. Mckay! Anyways, It was amazing because I don't think I could have ever written a talk like that! It is such a blessing to have this spirit guiding me in action and in words! I love being a missionary! I know this work I am doing to be the most important thing for me to do!
Erica is doing great, by my next letter she will have been baptized! She gets baptized this Sunday! Its so exciting to see her change! She has become very active in the activities committee in the Branch! We have found many more people to teach! We have a long list of potential investigators! We also had a very special moment happen this week! There is a Lady know through out the mission as a tough one to crack! She is very hard to get to work with the missionaries! She puts on this nativity thing at our building that is open to the public and is world known! With thousands of people coming to see it. Idk google Walkerton Nativity! You will prob find it! Anyways during this Nativity she keeps missionaries away because she doesn't want it to be a finding tool for us! However this week she opened up to us! She told us of how she brought some of her friends to the missionaries years back and how they shattered her trust! She then went to say that, every time she hears me sing its like an angel singing and that Elder Peck and I carry such a sweet spirit with us! And that she has some friends she wants us to meet and possibly teach! I almost broke down in tears at this moment! I know personally I have been working so hard to get to the heart of this lady all last transfer and oh what a blessing it is to have been worthy of her trust! We have a fun relationship she plays the organ and I direct for Sacrament meeting so we communicate on the music very often! She is an older lady who I just found out went on a mission herself. So now with the trust of the branch I know there will be more miracles heading towards this branch and just hope I am lucky enough to witness it!
This week was rough though we did spend 26 hours tracting this week! We did find some people to add in our teaching pool! Thanks for all the support, I love you all!
Elder Allen

1 comment:

  1. Wow how amazing Elder Allen is! I mean this is the perfect job for him!! haha he is such a people person, and so sweet. I think he gets that from his mom! :)
    Shanel

    ReplyDelete